1- Used Littleford Vertical Planetary Batch Mixer
MDL: NO 6 REGAL
The B&P Littleford Vertical Planetary Batch Mixer includes blades that rotate on their own axes, while orbiting the mix vessel on a common axis. Our unique blade design continuously advances along the periphery of the bowl, removing material from the wall and transporting it to the interior for mixing. After one revolution the blades pass through the entire bowl, after three revolutions the bulk of the material is mixed, and after only 36 revolutions, the blades contact and virtually mix the entire batch resulting in a homogeneous mixture.
Processing Energetics Materials
This mixer was specifically designed to handle the processing of energetics materials in a safe manner. It has been engineered to have an ample amount of power, pull a full atmosphere of vacuum without contaminating seals or pulling lube oil into the mix, and achieve full mix in a very short amount of time. B&P Littleford’s extensive experience with the energetics industry clearly indicated adapting an existing mixer would never be good enough – this mixing machine was created for energetics from the ground up.
- Machine is equipped with a changing bowl feature.
- VFD with motor speed from 1800 to 180
- Center Agitator rpm 37 to 3.7 rpm
- Outer Agitator 148 to 14.8 rpm
- Orbiting speed 20 to 2 rpm
- Mixing bowls are 304 SS as are the agitators
- Working capacity 6 US gal although 7.5 gallons can be mixed efficiently for many mixes to as Little as 1 gallon of mix
- Total capacity of the bowl is 10 gal inside the mixer outside is 13 gal
- The bowl is designed for vacuum at 200f
- The bowl is jacketed for heating or cooling and jacket is designed for 125 psi at 200f the jacket is also baffled for circulation and has a 3 gal cap
- The bowl weighs approx. 600 lb empty
Location: City of Industry, CA