1- New LCI Marumerizer QJ-700TG
P.O. No.: 634110
MFG Date: March 2005
The Marumerizer spheronizer from LCI converts wet pellets into spheres of your desired size, ranging from 0.5mm to 10.0mm in diameter.
The Marumerizer spheronizer is comprised of three main components: a vertical cylinder with the discharge port, a circular "friction" plate, and a variable speed drive train which turns the plate.
The feed material to the spheronizer can be extruded particles or moist granules from a mixer/granulator. Since an extruded particle has at least two dimensions already defined, a narrow final particle size distribution is possible.
Particles are fed onto the spinning friction plate, which throws them against the inside wall of the cylinder. Extruded particles are quickly broken into segments approximately one diameter long. Centrifugal and gravitational forces create a mechanically fluidized ring of particles. Collisions with the wall, friction plate, and other particles result in the plastic deformation of each granule, quickly creating a spherical shape. The desired shape for a specific application is time and formulation dependent and is achieved, predictably, and repeatedly, in a brief period called the "spheronization time".
- 700 mm diameter friction plate
- 20 liters nominal batch size batch operation with automatic discharge valve
- 316 SS GMP design with a high polish finish
- 304 SS heating/cooling water jacket to prevent the material sticking on the bowl
- Integrated plate lifting device
- Limit switches on lid and discharge chute for safety
- Roll-around machine frame with casters
- Variable speed drive with 10hp general-purpose motor integrated controls on articulating arm
- Compressed air under plate
Features and Benefits:
Spheronization improves your product's performance by:
- Producing a smooth particle surface suitable for thin layer coating
- Forming granules with a specific bio-consumable shape
- Conditioning particles to prevent the generation of dust and fines from usage or shipping
- Increasing flowability by the elimination of sticking or bridging points
- Increasing the apparent bulk density up to 25% compared to extruded material
Location: City of Industry, CA 91702